Page 6 of 7
Best Full-Service Restaurant Design (Check Average Under $50)
Winner: The Cork 1794, Erie, Pa.
- Owner: Red Letter Hospitality, North East, Pa.
- Designer: Richardson Design, Cleveland
- Architect: Kidder Architects, Erie, Pa.
- Kitchen Designer: Dubick Fixture & Supply, Cleveland
- Contractor: Building Systems Inc., Erie, Pa.
Taking inspiration from America’s great wine regions and the Lake Erie shore, The Cork 1794 provides guests with an approachable upscale experience that accommodates business meetings, casual lunch, intimate dinners and larger gatherings. The design features several room concepts that provide a variety of seating options. There is a main dining area as well as two private dining rooms. The outdoor dining and bar area offers more casual settings. Judges felt the design was “sophisticated but approachable” with a “well laid out space.” Finishes and details were “warm and unpretentious.” Overall, they agreed it was “a clean, classy design.”
Images courtesy of John Spaulding and Paul Sobota