Awarded to the best new concept from the ground up, from development through execution, with an eye toward expansion via replication and scalability.
- Only projects completed between April 1, 2018, and September 1, 2019, are eligible.
- All entries must be submitted in a single PDF file that does not exceed 20 MB or 28 pages.
- Entries must include a final, approved floor plan and photos of the completed restaurant.
- Entries must include aspects of the branding elements/package.
- It is recommended that entries include a copy of the menu.
- It is recommended that renovations include before and after photos.
Every entry must include the following on the first page:
- Name of project and name of operator/owner company:
- Project location (city, state):
- New build or renovation:
- Opening date or renovation completion date:
- Real estate type (end cap, freestanding, inline, airport, etc.):
- Unit size (square footage) and number of seats:
- Brief description of concept and menu style:
- Average check:
- Project budget:
- Project team (include members from the operator company, architects, designers, contractor and other relevant parties):
All entries must touch on the following project details (please address the questions below in 750 words or less; you may use photos between text to illustrate points):
- Describe the concept’s positioning in the marketplace, target demographic(s), and unique points of differentiation.
- Describe development goals and strategies (i.e., number of units planned, company-owned, franchised, development schedule, etc.).
- What were design and development challenges to bringing the new concept to market and how did the project team address them?
- What steps were taken to drive efficiency into the operations?
- What key design strategies were used to bring the concept to life? What are some signature design features?
- What makes this an award-worthy new restaurant concept?
You may now submit your restaurant design by Friday, October 18 at 11:59PM Central time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.