Best Full-Service Restaurant Design – Check Average Under $50
Winner: Dumbo’s on Duling, Jackson, Miss.
- Owner/Operator: Be Kind and Grow, Jackson, Miss.
- Interior Design, Branding, Graphic Design: Ferriss & Company, Jackson, Miss.
- Equipment Supplier: FS-1 Concepts, Flowood, Miss.
- General Contractor: Carraway Construction, Brandon, Miss.
- Specialty Contractor: Adair & Co., Jackson, Miss.
- Signage, Fabrication: A+ Signs and Creative, Inc., Jackson, Miss.
For Chef Paul Adair’s first concept, he wanted guests to feel as though they were attending a dinner party at a stylish friend’s house. That meant the design needed to create a relaxed, residential and retro-chic atmosphere that would showcase his globally influenced new southern cuisine. Residential elements abound, with an aesthetic strongly influenced by Adair’s 1970s childhood. The judges felt the team did a “great job transforming it” and “loved the character of the space.” They also felt the branding was “spot on” and “perfectly peppered throughout the space.”
Images courtesy of Andrew Welch Photo