A Key Component to Successful Design/Build Outcomes
Q: What is Eagle’s approach to integrating project management into the design/build equation?
Scott Donaway: Eagle’s team approach address the “big picture” of the project. What this means is that Eagle supports the design and project management team from start to finish. We assist with coordination of design, research and evaluate best manufacturing techniques to addresses the specific components of the project, work step by step with the dealer and consultant through the drawings and approval process, manufacturing and offer factory visits, product consolidation and field installation services. For complex projects, Eagle assigns a project manager who follows the project from planning to completion.
Q: What does the project manager bring to the equation?
SD: The project manager offers a single point of contact for the customer and follows the project from start to finish. During the process, this allows the project manager to become fully knowledgeable as to the components of the project, the expectations for manufacturing, any site work needed, and shipping and install requirements. This includes all aspects of the process:
- working with the submittals team on the submittal drawings to clarify any design questions,
- coordinating with the customer to shorten the approval process of those drawings,
- reviewing all design requirements with the engineering team, educating the team as to any specific project challenges, and value engineering
- following the manufacturing of the products through the production phase,
- coordinating any buyouts or supplier consolidations requested by the customer,
- inspecting the finished product to add an extra layer of quality control,
- reviewing any site issues with the field services & installation team,
- coordination of project shipments based on site install schedule.
In addition, the project manager can serve as a “customer advocate” at the factory, ensuring that the project is design engineered and built to the customer’s specifications. This gives the customer an added level of comfort, knowing that the project manager is representing the customers’ interests during the manufacturing process.
Q: How does Eagle’s approach support the unique requirements of expanding chain business
SD: SpecFAB, our custom fabrication division provides a way to streamline the design and fabrication process. We can build completely custom configurations or we can design pre-fab modular components. Having this flexibility means we can deliver custom equipment faster and at a lower cost. Drawing on decades of expertise in manufacturing, each SpecFAB custom project is also produced in the framework of the most sophisticated manufacturing processes. That means we can make multiple copies of a piece with repeat precision. Need the same custom piece for 35 operations? Because of Eagle Group’s high-tech manufacturing processes, every custom project can be reproduced with uniformity from piece to piece. Eagle’s project management team structure allows the project manager to develop the specific knowledge and expertise of the chain’s footprint, any proprietary design elements, install requirements which ensures that each store’s package is manufactured to consistent quality and conformity standards.