A roundup of interesting bits of news that came across the editor’s desk in the last month, including a bunch of international development deals and more.
- Fazoli’s plans to open five locations to Puerto Rico over the next six years with the first expected late in 2023.
- Cult favorite In-N-Out burger is coming to Tennessee … by 2026, the California-based chain announced.
- Fast-casual vegan chain Soulgood partnered with Kitchen United Mix to launch two new quick-service concepts in Texas.
- If they need plastic utensils and condiments, New York City restaurant customers better remember to ask. That’s because the “Skip the Stuff” bill passed by the NYC City Council barred restaurants and food delivery services from providing such items unless guests ask for them.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit expands to the Philippines. The first location is slated to open in Manila in the second Quarter of 2023 with 40 additional locations to follow.
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza has invested in a new design and new talent, setting the stage for this West Coast chain’s eastward march.
- Redefining the Fast Casual Segment. The lines of differentiation that created a space for fast-casual restaurants somewhere between quick-serves and full-service casual restaurants continue to get fuzzier and fuzzier.