A roundup of interesting bits of news that came across the editor’s desk in the last month, including mergers and acquisitions, milestones, chain news, personnel news and a bit of recommended reading.
mergers + acquisitions + more
- Spice Private Equity acquired Bravo Brio Restaurant Group for $4.05 a share, approximately $100 million. Bravo Brio operates 110 Bravo Cucina Italiana and Brio Tuscan Grille restaurants across 32 states.
- JAE Restaurant Group acquired 34 Wendy’s restaurants throughout Knoxville, Tenn.
chain chain chain
- NYC-based Café D’Avignon signed its first franchise deal that will bring five locations to the greater Orlando market.
- Dunkin’ Donuts plans to open three new restaurants in Kansas City, Mo.
- Fazoli’s opened its 24th unit in Kentucky.
- Togo’s Holdings, LLC named Corey Wilde chief development officer. Before joining Togo’s, Wilde served as vice president of franchise development and real estate for Bruster’s Ice Cream and Nathan’s Famous Inc.
- Las Vegas-based Capriotti’s named Dennis Watts vice president of real estate. Watts previously worked with McDonald's as an area real estate manager and most recently with Dapper Companies, a Nevada-based business working with commercial real estate.
go big and/or go home
- Applebee’s has revamped its Carside To Go option with a redesigned mobile app and online ordering platform as well as new to go packaging and some internal tweaks. Guests can order from either and have the meal delivered straight to their car.
- Bennigan’s signed a master franchise agreement with Baila Group of Companies to open four locations Pakistan. The first of these locations is expected to open within a year’s time in Punjab.
- Domino’s Pizza opened its 15,000 store, this one in Lewisville, Texas.
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers opened its 300th location, this one in Indianapolis.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery celebrated its 60th anniversary at its recent brand conference.
- Pizza Inn turns 60 in 2018.
- Taziki’s Mediterranean Café celebrated its 20th anniversary in March.