Fast-casual concept Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers opened its first restaurants in New Jersey and Wisconsin earlier this year as part of a growth spurt that spanned the first two quarters. To date, the chain opened more than a dozen new restaurants in 2021. Freddy’s also plans to open 30 more units before year’s end.
In addition to these milestone openings, Freddy's inked five development deals with new and existing franchisees to bring 30 units to target markets across the U.S., including Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, North Dakota and the greater Chicagoland region.
The recently opened Linden, N.J., restaurant is owned and operated by Ethan Coleman, owner of franchisee New Jersey Steakburgers LLC. He intends to develop dozens of Freddy's restaurants in markets across Northern New Jersey over the next several years, per a company release. The other recent addition in Appleton, Wis., is owned and operated by brothers Chad and Nick Sternitzky, who plan to develop eight additional Freddy's restaurants throughout the state, targeting areas like Madison and Green Bay.
Additional Freddy's franchisees spearheading this development and their growth plans include:
- In the Northern Chicago area, the existing franchise group AC MEHR & Associates plans to develop eight units across the Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Lake Zurich, Crystal Lake and Wheaton areas.
- M&M Custard will join efforts in solidifying Freddy's presence in Chicago by developing 12 locations in the Southern Chicago and Northern Indiana areas, specifically in Naperville, Aurora, Bolingbrook, Orland Park and Joliet.
- New franchise group T-5 Enterprise, LLC, owned by Scott Turnbow, will develop its first restaurant in Sweetwater, Texas.
- Crispy Patty LLC, also a new franchise group to the Freddy’s system, plans to develop four units across Louisiana in markets such as Shreveport, Bossier City and Alexandria.
- BOTL LLC has joined the Freddy's network as a new franchise group and plans to develop five units throughout North Dakota in Fargo, Grand Fork, Minot and Bismark.
"The recent openings and new development agreements show the continued excitement and interest that operators have in the Freddy's franchise opportunity. We're very excited to welcome these new restaurants and franchisees to the Freddy's family and look forward to further expansion," says Andrew Thengvall, CDO of Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers.
Freddy's has grown to more than 400 locations that serve 34 states.