Throughout 2018 and 2019, McDonald’s and its franchisees will invest approximately $186 million on the construction and modernization of 240 restaurants in Florida, seeking to transform the customer experience inside and outside, per a release.
In total, McDonald's and franchisees will invest $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in Florida.
With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired decor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
- Digital self-order kiosks that allow guests to order menu items, customize menu items and pay their checks
- Remodeled counters to allow for new table service
- New digital menu boards inside and at the drive-thru
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald's has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 U.S. restaurants.