Open to all full-service restaurants with a check average less than $50; awarded to the best overall design concept and execution; open to both new builds and renovations.
- Only projects completed between April 1, 2021, and September 1, 2022, are eligible.
- All entries must be submitted in a single PDF file that does not exceed 28 pages.
- Entries must include a final, approved floor plan and photos of the completed restaurant.
- It is recommended that entries include a copy of the menu.
- It is recommended that renovations include before and after photos.
Every entry must include the following on the first page:
- Name of project and name of operator/owner company:
- Project location (city, state):
- New build or renovation:
- Opening date or renovation completion date:
- Real estate type (end cap, freestanding, inline, airport, etc.):
- Unit size (square footage) and number of seats:
- Brief description of concept and menu style:
- Average check:
- Project budget:
- Project team (include members from the operator company, architects, designers, contractor and other relevant parties):
All entries must touch on the following project details (please address the questions below in 750 words or less; you may use photos between text to illustrate points):
- Outline the project’s goals, how the final design addressed the goals and any unique design features.
- What were some of the design challenges and how did the project team address them?
- Discuss design strategies used to address typical restaurant concerns, such as the layout, wayfinding, and the flow of traffic in and out of the dining room and kitchen.
- Why does this project represent the best of the best in design and in its category?
Deadline for submission has been EXTENDED to Friday, October 28, 2022.
The best browsers to use when submitting are Chrome or Firefox. If you do not get taken to a confirmation page once clicking submit, your entry did not go through. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.