A roundup of interesting bits of news that came across the editor’s desk in the last month.
- Bar Louie reached a franchise agreement that will open five Bar Louie locations across the Chicago and Indianapolis markets.
- In celebration of Veterans Day, PJ’s Coffee announced U.S. Navy veteran Rob Smith as the winner of its seventh annual Veteran Franchise License Giveaway.
- Hawaiian-based burger joint Seven Brothers Burgers has signed a deal to bring 19 storefronts to Phoenix, Ariz., Las Vegas, Nev., and Idaho.
- Shawarma Press opened its flagship restaurant in Johns Creek, Ga. This location is the first of several franchise units planned throughout the state.
- Huey Magoo’s opened a new franchise location in Ozark, Mo.
- Ziggi’s Coffee will develop 50 new locations around the Greater Atlanta area.
- Florida-based fast-casual breakfast sandwich concept Effin Egg opened its second Georgia off-premises-only location.
- Vineyard-inspired restaurant Sixty Vines, named for the 60 wines carried on tap, is set to open in Reston, Va. next month.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit invited local Dallas/Ft. Worth social media Influencers for a private event to preview seasonal menu offerings at the original Dickey’s in Dallas.
- The Ranch at Las Colinas celebrates 15 years of delivering ranch-to-table dining.