Ice cream chain Baskin-Robbins signed 18 new store development agreements with six new and existing franchise groups to expand the chain’s footprint in the Greater Toronto area.
The franchisee groups and their development plans are:
- Sulman Muhammad has more than 16 years of experience in retail management but is new to the brand. He plans to develop 11 Baskin-Robbins shops throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
- Existing franchisees Sunita Patel and Jayant (Jay) Patel have teamed up with new franchisees Vivek Patel, Rahulkumar Patel and Nimal Patel to open three shops in Burlington.
- Existing franchisee Imtisal Kiran signed a new development agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins to the southwest area of Toronto in addition to her existing location at Humbertown Shopping Centre in Etobicoke.
- Qais Hakeemi signed a single-unit agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins shop to the town of Ajax.
- New franchisee Lori Malavolta, along with her husband Frank Malavolta, will be opening a new shop in LimeRidge Mall Hamilton, along with their Kernels Popcorn franchise in the mall.
- Lu Tian, along with her husband Mike Pomerleau, recently opened a combo Baskin-Robbins and Kernels Popcorn location within the Rideau Centre shopping mall in Ottawa.
Currently, nearly 100 Baskin-Robbins locations are in operation throughout the Greater Toronto Area. The chain has more than 8,000 retail shops in 55 countries.